1. Mud is the LA equivalent to snow, therefore AAA is essential.
2. Opportunities to love sacrificially occur daily, take them. These opportunities may manifest themselves as tasks such as taking time to put the new roll of toilet paper in the holder without complaining.
3. Accepting my circumstances knowing a good and loving God is in control allows me to enjoy -rather than worry, regret, or deny- my present situation. 1 Peter 5:7 & Philippians 4:6-9
4. Guys make crappy gods. (As do girls…) Genesis 29.
5. Money, fame, and fashion are so not worth living for. Matthew 6:24 & 1 Samuel 16:7
6. God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth is the only Being that deserves to be worshiped. Genesis 1:1 & Philippians 2:5-11
7. I cannot manipulate God. Proverbs 19:21
8. My plans suck compared to His. Jeremiah 29:11 & Isaiah 55:9
9. Old mindset: God has an awesome plan for my life. New mindset: God has an awesome plan, and it’s awesome I get to be part of that. Romans 8:28
10. Submit to authority knowing God is ultimately in control. 1 Peter 5:6 & Philippians 2:3
11. When you stop idolizing relationships and the idea of potentially dating every guy you meet, you can actually appreciate them for who they are- rather than eventually despising them for not living up to your daydream version of who you hoped they’d be. Romans 3:23 & Ephesians 2:10
12. Spending time serving others is so much more life-giving than spending money serving yourself. Matthew 16:25 & Mark 8:36
13. Fact: Lecrae is still legit. Reppin Romans 1:16.
14. It’s not the things that are blatantly sinful that are destructive. It’s things that appear neutral. Things that don’t point me to Jesus, often romance me away from Him. 1 Corinthians 10:23 & Matthew 12:30 & Hebrews 12:1
15. A friend who will speak Truth to you even when you don’t want to hear it is an incredible blessing, a treasure, a gift. Proverbs 27:6
16. Don’t despise counsel, correction and discipline. It’s a sign of love. Hebrews 12:6
17. Being busy doing Christian things is not the same as having a relationship with Christ. Matthew 23
18. God doesn’t ask us to do. He asks us to be. Psalm 51:16-17 & Micah 6:8
19. People seem shiny from far away. Up close, we’re all just messed up people. 1 John 1:18
20. God loves redeeming messed up people. Isaiah 43:1-7 & the entire Bible
21. God is a God who loves justice, but is eager to forgive. The question is, “Am I?” Romans 2:4 & Book of Jonah
22. The degree to which I acknowledge and truly understand that I’m a sinner who God had to come to Earth and die on a cross to save, is the same degree to which I’m able to show grace to others. Matthew 7:1-2
23. Spending time reading the Bible and responding to God in prayer is not optional, it’s essential. It’s food for our soul. Gotta eat healthy food daily to live, right? Skipping meals is detrimental to our livelihood. Job 23:12 & Psalm 51
“I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness…” -Isaiah 61:10
The year of 23 has been crazy, hard, and awesome. You’ve been with me every step of the way -even when I stray. You bring me back. It’s all from You, in You, through You, and for You. Thank you, Jesus. Love, Katie
What have you learned this year?
Share your thoughts…